Welcome to my home in Cyberspace!

When you are a bit of a gypsy and not sure where the winds will blow you next, having a home in Cyberspace is a comfort. Glad you stopped by for a visit and hope you'll come by often!



Blog Archive

2023-05-01

RANDOM BLOGS - WHAT 'THEY SAY"


"THEY SAY" - whoever "they" may be - if you want to be a writer, then you need to write SOMETHING every day. Actually I heard that advice again on a YouTube video interview with Seth Godin who does indeed write every day. https://seths.blog/ One of the world's best marketing advisors, he bills himself not as a marketer but as an author. It's the freedom to write, to generate ideas and pour them forth into the world that he - and I in my much more humble way - both seem to relish.

It's been quite a long time since I posted anything here on the Blogspot but I think I will try to do more for the exercise. I have been writing posts almost every day on behalf of the Cat Beach Cats (www.instagram.com/catbeachsanctuary). For the cats, I keep trying to come to grips with the language of persuasion. Fundraising lingo - the words that touch the heart and open the purses. Cat Beach Sanctuary needs and deserves full funding. Using social media, I have hope to bring in those dollars.

In the meantime, "THEY SAY" that the best way to stay young is to continue your curiousity and your creativity even as the years pass by.

Exercise the mind even as the body ages. Obsessing about the need for funding for the cat shelter or the years ahead when I will be considered too old to work does not seem to be the best forms of exercise. They are too much like beating my head against a wall - definition of insanity. Yes, devote some time and thought to those considerations. But I think that I do not ever want to become frozen in my attitudes or perceptions. Instead, I am trying to stay open to random input.







Copyright 2023, TF (teviothome@gmail.com)

No comments: