Welcome to my home in Cyberspace!

When you are a bit of a gypsy and not sure where the winds will blow you next, having a home in Cyberspace is a comfort. Glad you stopped by for a visit and hope you'll come by often!



Blog Archive

2013-06-02

Awakening to the sounds of birds and the sea

Waking Up at The Ocean Residence, Langkawi Island, Malaysia
What is it like to wake up at The Ocean Residence? 
Sometimes it’s the sounds of birds that wake me or the morning sunlight streaming in through a crack in the curtain. Other times, if there’s an onshore wind, I might hear the roll and toss of the tide coming or going from the shore.
Occasionally, I hear voices – the friendly chatter of Langkawi’s fishermen as they prepare their nets for the day or launch their small boats. If I wake early enough to catch the dawn sun rising over the oh-so-green islands across the way, it’s so quiet and still that I can hear the waves lapping gently
I head back to the kitchen, grateful that the housekeepers have provided all that I need for a good strong morning cuppa. With laptop or tablet in one hand and my coffee cup in the other, I head out to the veranda to enjoy the dawning of a new day in this extraordinary place.
  
Surely this has to be one of the world’s most beautiful morning scenes. What’s it like? It’s magical!
Everyone needs a little romance in their lives. For me, life on Langkawi island off the northern Malaysia / Thailand border was a romantic sojourn - in many ways, a retreat from the world. I lived several lovely places on the island over a period of 3 years or so but the last - and certainly not least! - was at my client's, Paul Penders, property. I had an amazing room on the 2nd floor of "The Container House," an exceptional building constructed from 17 shipping containers. My room was lined with red brick and closely resembled friends' apartments where I've stayed in New York City! Since I left, that room has been refurbished with a kitchen added -- and I'll hope to go back and visit again one day. It was the ultimate 'getaway.'

Visit the new website and blog for The Ocean Residence Langkawi at www.theoceanresidence.com
See also my Facebook Page "Island Lifestyles"
Copyright 2013, TF (teviothome@gmail.com)

No comments: